Sign in to follow this  
Shepherd Book

Tanoa Exile

AI on the Tanoa map are too difficult. I understand having them to easy is pointless but having them no scope from 1KM out is also pointless. Can we turn them down a level or two?

Shepherd

The AI are set the same across the board. Every server we have is the same. It's all about taking the right line, sometimes missions are too difficult to attack.

Can you check...everyone that comes on the Tanoa map leaves shortly after because the AI are crazy hard. If they are set the same as the Exile servers then they act differently on the two servers. Also are there plans to wipe the server anytime soon. I was told you are testing Tanoa and may wipe it soon.

No plans to wipe the server. We are working to try and get the AI right. They are set the same the same as the the other servers as @Skidmark stated, but they do seem to act differently.

Qlasher here, just some comments...

The AI are way lower that when the server started up in August.  There are fewer ai through the removal of randomly spawned ai.  Today ai spawn with the random supply crate (2 ai typically), with missions (# depends on difficulty) and as zombies.

They are still very challenging and seem harder than other servers I have played on.  In particular, suppressors have less benefit than I recall on other servers.  There used to be sub-settings (not the right word) for ai difficulty settings in the epoch server I admin'd.

Definitely difficult even for seasoned players.  I do believe that something on the Tanoa server is deterring players from staying.  It might just be the continual low population and not enough join to cause other people to join.