Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Building Inside Houses

Question

I completely understand stopping people from building near airports or military bases because military bases have important loot for people, and people could just roof camp airfields so it could make it impossible to land there, but why stop people from building inside normal buildings? In my opinion, one of the coolest things to do with base building in Arma is to board up a house and live in it. If the reason its not allowed is because it could stop people from getting industrial loot, why not just make it against the rules to build in the main city in Esseker so people can get industrial things from there, as well as other places people don't live in. In my opinion the current set up is stopping players from doing something really cool and immersive. Is there any chance that this could be changed? It would add a much bigger survival aspect to the server, and it would make people use towns more. 

Thanks. 

5 answers to this question

BTW I'm talking about the Exile Esseker server. 

Edited by Dillon

The thing with building inside buildings is that their permanent structures, on our servers you can't destroy the buildings. With that being said it would be OP for players to build in them. 

11 hours ago, Flint said:

The thing with building inside buildings is that their permanent structures, on our servers you can't destroy the buildings. With that being said it would be OP for players to build in them. 

You're right mate. I didn't know they were indestructible; stopping players building in them is the right thing to do then. 

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

You're right mate. I didn't know they were indestructible; stopping players building in them is the right thing to do then. 

However our server rules do state that on out Cherno map you can build in civilian buildings.

Esseker is already a rather small map, if we let people build inside buildings or cities there wouldn't be much loot anywhere except airfields/military bases, then they will just be camped even worse, so then players would start camping missions even more often. There is a long and large butterfly effect if we would let people build in buildings on esseker.